Thursday, January 7, 2010

"I Am Damn Harry Potter!"

This morning I awoke in my bed in Rexburg. I laid there wishing that I did not have to get up quite yet. 7:45 am class is much to early... especially during a Rexburg winter! As I laid there, stretching, something began tugging at the corners of my mind. Suddenly it all came flooding back. One of the strangest dreams I have ever had and let me tell you, I have had some CRAZY ones!

The scene opens in a Costco. I am there, along with several of my friends and family. The Costco is closed yet we are all there playing around and shooting at each other with sniper rifles. I suddenly get this overwhelming urge that I need to hide and protect myself. I run over to the clothing section and begin burying myself down into the great masses of clothes.

My aunt comes over to me and begins uncovering me. "What the heck?" I say.

"Katie, you need to get over there and help them fight those aliens!"

"I can't! The aliens are here for me. I need to stay here and protect myself. They can handle themselves just fine but I cannot be sacrificed!" I exclaim.

"Katie, get over there now!" she yells. I extricate myself from the clothes and stomp off in a huff towards the fighting.

"FINE!" I scream. "But the aliens are going to kill me first because I am damn Harry Potter!" I begin running with reckless abandon towards the far end of Costco. As I am running, I turn to my left and begin running down a darkened aisle. I see shadowy figures running in the distance. I sped up and began chasing down these shadowy figures.

Once I catch up to them, I realize that these are the aliens that are trying to kill me... and I have nothing to defend myself. I turn tail and run as fast as I can in the opposite direction. The aliens were in hot pursuit. My fastest was not fast enough and they were soon gaining ground on me. I knew at any moment they were going to catch me and go through with their dastardly plan.

Just as I was about to lose all hope, the wall to my left slides open and bright white light beams down on me as fog billows out of the opening. A disembodied voice says, "Come to us, we can train you to fight them." I had no idea who they were but I was much more willing to take my chances with them.

I turn to go in and feel as if I am being sucked in by some kind of vacuum. As I was being pulled into the portal I can feel the enemy aliens' fingertips brush my ankles. I had just barely made it to safety. This next part of my dream is a white, foggy blur. All I remember is that the beings that trained me were of a rival alien sect.

I walked out of the portal triumphantly. The white light glaring from behind me as the fog billowed around me. I was ready to take down some aliens!

Then I was snuggling with some guy on a cloud watching the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform on a larger nearby cloud. The End.

Dreams are so funny!


1 comment: