Friday, January 1, 2010

My Cat is Bulimic

I was just laying in bed staring at my computer trying to think of what I wanted to write today. I kept thinking and thinking and thinking... nothing came. As I was getting frustrated, my Mom calls me from the other room. "Katie, jsklfjaslkj fjflsfjlas sjlkajlf hj kasjdh and I can't do it." I had no idea what she had said... but I knew that it required me to get out of bed. I was more than a little bitter at having to get out of bed, but me being the amazing daughter that I am *wink* did just that.

"What did you need my dear, sweet mother?"

"Rascal ralphed in the other room and I need you to clean it up." For those of you who have been hiding under a rock the past 15 years, Rascal is my cat... and I may be a little obsessed with him. Keep checking my blog, there is bound to be a post all about him one of these days!

I walk into the kitchen expecting to see a big pile of nastiness and that Rascal (or Rascoliosis, as I like to call him) had fled the scene. Well the big pile of nastiness was there... but so was Rascal! I was surprised to find him still there. There he was chowing down some more autumn colored cat food not even 2 feet from where he had thrown up said autumn colored cat food. He just threw up, why the heck was he binging out again? The little freak!

"Rascal, what the heck?" I say to him. He just stares at me. "This is disgusting!" He just stares at me. "Why couldn't you at least throw up on Kristi's bed again?" He grins at me... not really... but I like to imagine that he did!

I throw down some paper towels on top of the mess to begin picking it up. It soaks through the paper towel and coats my hand... I legit almost ralphed myself. (Maybe then I could have called Kristi in to clean both messes... hmmm... an intriguing thought) Rascal just stares at me as clean up the nastiness he had expelled from his stomach. I love the guy, but he is as helpful as a bowl of oatmeal.

I am going to have to sit down with Rascal and talk to him about his Bulimia and skewed self image. All this throwing up is not good for him. He is already quite thin. He needs to focus on getting better and maybe someday he will see what I see; a freeloading sack of fleas. Just kidding, I love you Rascal!



No comments:

Post a Comment