Saturday, December 26, 2009

Haaaave you met Ted?

Have you ever been set up out of the blue? Having a lovely evening when *BOOM* someone says, "Hey, have you met so-and-so?" I seem to be getting a lot of that recently. It seems that I just give off the "I am single and desperate" vibe. It seems to be a common experience for me lately. I can't ever come home without someone attempting to find me that special someone.

Just tonight, we had some family over. Uncle Frank walks up to me and says, "When can you come meet Ted?" Then my Aunt Jemima gets excited and says, "He is the Bishop's son. He is your age and still single. How great is that?" I kind of laugh thinking that this is a big joke. But no, Aunt Jemima was DEAD serious.

She went on to describe why the situation was perfect. Ted is in a different ward than I am and he goes to a different school. This is perfect because if things go bad we will never run into each other. If things go well, I can see him when I am home.(Oh goody!) I just smile and nod politely, and laugh some more before quickly changing the subject.

I am only 22 years old. It is totally fine that I am not married yet. I am in no hurry. I am not offended that everyone keeps telling me that they have found the "perfect" man for me. I know that they just care about me and want me to be happy. I am happy and perfectly content with where I am at this point in my life. But I do enjoy hearing about all the "perfect" men to be found in Fresno. So keep it coming!

My family could definitely give Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother a lesson on being a wingman. "Haaaave you met Ted?"





**Names have been changed for confidentiality

1 comment:

  1. i love this post :)

    i totally know how you feel

    22 is NOT old!!

    ReplyDelete