Monday, December 28, 2009

Mr. White Volvo Man

Although my family has moved to Clovis, my Dad still works in San Jose. So every week we have to pack up and travel the 3 hours up to San Jose. I LOVE San Jose, I really do, but I HATE the constant traveling back and forth. I hate having to pack up my crap, load it in the car, drive up there, work pretty much non-stop for 2 days and then drive back. It is miserable but I try not to complain about it too much because my Dad enjoys working and it allows him the opportunity to still support his family despite his disease.

But what REALLY gets my goat are the other drivers on the road. I realize that I am not the best driver. I even have a letter from the DMV to prove it! ("You may think you are a good driver but...") These other yahoos on the road though just blow my mind. Here I am just happily driving along, rocking out to Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers, when this guy in a white Volvo zooms in right behind me from the other lane, totally cutting off the car that had been just behind me.

I speed up a little so that I can get over to the other lane and let the idiot in the Volvo pass me. Apparently, I wasn't going fast enough for Mr. White Volvo Man. He was right on top of me. Which was really brave for him, as I was driving a giant Expedition. I keep checking my rearview mirror to see if he is backing off at all... but NO. There is no where for me to go, the other lane is packed full of cars. I am not about to speed up any more. Visibility was low due to fog and rain. We were in a very windy pass and I was already going 5 over the speed limit.

I check my rearview mirror one more time; just in time to see Mr. White Volvo Man throw his hands up in the air as if to say, "What the heck?" I normally am a very calm person but this just infuriated me. We are not all as suicidal as you, Mr. White Volvo Man. I found myself thinking spiteful things about him.

Who did this guy think he was? His time was no more important than anyone elses and the way he was driving he was going to cause an accident. Why did he think he was so cool? Sure he did have a Volvo like Edward Cullen... but his Volvo was definitely not silver. It was a wannabe Edward Cullen car! I finally get over to the other lane, this whole thing had taken place in less than a minute. As soon as I get over, Mr. White Volvo Man zips by going about 90 miles an hour.

I was relieved to have Mr. White Volvo Man out of the way and continued on my way. Belting out the Hoedown Throwdown, my anger already diminishing. Moral of the story: If you are going to buy a Volvo and drive up right behind people... at least get a silver one. That way people think you are Edward Cullen in a rush to save Bella... again.



1 comment: